Keep your smile shiny all summer by eating the right diet. Although many foods are just another obstacle that stands in the way of optimum oral health, did you know that there are some substances that have been proven to actually enhance your oral health? Listed below are some helpful foods and tips for your oral health with the superb benefits they can offer to your smile:
– Healthy foods to add to your diet includes foods that are crunchy and high in water. This includes pears and apples, which can wash away harmful debris stuck in your mouth.
– If you are looking to enhance your oral health care, try using foods high in calcium and phosphorus, such as chicken, nuts, cheese, and milk.
– Acidic foods can deteriorate your tooth enamel and cause dental erosion. Examples include citrus fruits and tomatoes.
– Studies have shown that by chewing sugarless gum for up to 30 minutes after eating, you can effectively fight cavities and prevent dental damage by releasing additional saliva in your mouth.
– The longer your teeth and gums are exposed to food, the more damage they will sustain, so avoid snacking between meals whenever possible.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for a tooth restoration. Please book an oral exam with Dr. Jeffrey Lowe at our dentist office in Hays, Kansas, by calling us at 785-261-0221. Our team at Lifetime Dental Care looks forward to taking your smile to its maximum potential.