Have you ever wondered about the benefits of digital x-ray technology? When it comes to healthy smiles in Hays, Kansas, our Lifetime Dental Care team provides quality dental care while safeguarding your smiles. One of the ways we do this is by making sure our procedures and treatments are both safe and effective.
Dr. Jeffrey Lowe uses digital x-rays for the most accurate prognosis. Digital x-rays provide detailed images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible otherwise. They can spot subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay between the teeth.
Even though traditional x-rays are considered to be safe they do expose you to unnecessary radiation. Let’s take a look at what digital x-rays offer over traditional x-rays:
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
Please feel free to give us a call at (785) 498-7130 If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health. Our goal is to use the highest quality tools to help our patients in Hays, Kansas. We will also be happy to schedule your next visit with our dentist. We look forward to hearing from you!